Contract Works Insurance

This type of insurance provides cover for the new work that you have done at site which may be lost due to a fire, theft or some other peril. The plant and machinery that you use on site needs to be covered, whether that is your own or hired in and of course materials which also need to be covered, contract works insurance will do just that

You might not always be responsible for insuring your part of the contract, whether you are or not it makes good business sense to do so. You might not be under any contractual responsibility but, as you near completion of the contract and there was a loss such as a fire which resulted in significant damage or to your plant or hired in plant could your business afford to redo the work and pay for the materials again?

So, what does contract works insurance actually cover?

As the name would suggest it covers the works itself as well as other associated property required for the contract.

The works themselves for which you are responsible including materials, the Plant whether hire in or owned, machinery on site as well as hand tools. If you site huts and and other containers, and don’t forget the porta-loo’s.
A Contractors combined insurance policy is also available, this will usually include all the covers found in a Contract Works insurance policy but will also cover you for Public Liability as well as Employers Liability

Call Us on: 0330 058 0261

My Trade Insurance is a Trading Style of Real Insurance Brokers